- 1- Turn Ignition switch to OFF & Run/Stop switch is to Run.
- 2- Push odometer reset button in & hold.
- 3- Turn ignition switch to Ignition and release odometer reset button. Background lighting should illuminate, speedometer needle should sweep its full range and indicator lamps (battery, security, low fuel, check engine and cruise) should illuminate. The word “diag” should then appear.
- 4 - Push the odometer reset button once and you will see the selection menu "PSSPt" with the first P flashing.
- 5 - Each letter represents an area of the diagnostics module. The module that is flashing is the one you are going to check. To move from one letter (module)to the next, you push the odometer reset button one time. (from P to S to SP to t and back to P, etc.) P = ECM/ICM (Electronic Control Module (EFI) / (Ignition Control Module, 'Carbureted') S = TSM/TSSM (Turn Signal/ Turn Signal Security Module) SP = speedometer T = tachometer
- 6 - To get the DTC within an area of diagnostics, push and hold the odometer reset button in for 5 seconds and release. If there are any DTC’s the code will be displayed or the word “none” will appear if there are no DTC’s. Push the odometer reset button again to view additional codes if they exist.
- 7 - Record the codes.
- 8 - If DTC’s are not to be cleared, Press and release the odometer reset button. Part number of module will be displayed.
Nightrider Technical Notes
Posted by Administrator on 10/3/2013 to HD Tech Notes